Need to Know Information
- Obtain a copy of the B1-1 Form (Intent to Employ Form) by contacting the school, searching the internet, or download it here B1-1 (Intent to Employ Form).
- Complete the B1-1 Form. Make sure that the completed form has BOTH employer AND parent signatures, and student social security number.
- Take B1-1 form to CCA or to your local public high school site.
- The form will be reviewed as well as the student's attendance and academic records.
- The Work Permit (issued by the school) will be completed within 48 hours during work days if you meet district attendance and academic requirements. (See Below)
- Review the state's student work regulations
- Pick up your work permit, SIGN and DATE it, and take it to your employer.
- The employer MUST keep your work permit at the work site.
Work Permits must be renewed each year at the start of school, or if employment changes.
CCA's Academic requirements in obtaining a work permit:
- A Minimum GPA of 2.5 with no failing (F's) below average (D's) or incomplete (Inc.) marks.
- A Work Ethic or Citizenship mark of no less than "2" (Needs to Improve) on the most recent grading period or report card.